Saturday 24 April 2021

Floating and fluttering colour combo Wednesday 21st March

 Hi and welcome to my run through of Wednesday nights live.

I used a colour combination and a stamp set called Floating and Fluttering that is available in the January to June 2021 Mini Catalogue from Stampin Up.


These are the 3 colours I chose I also added Mossy Meadow as a neutral and my card base was Basic White


This is the card I created, I started with a standard A6 portrait folded card (29.7 x 14.8cm folded at 14.8cm). I added a 14.8 x 5cm strip on in colour dsp in cinnamon cider. On a scrap piece of basic white I stamped the outline of the butterflies in Early espresso ink . The stamp is one large out line and stamp and there is a die that coordinates to cut them out. The floating and fluttering stamps have 2 and 3 steps to enable quick and easy colouring in. The stamp that colours the whole background colour for each butterfly I inked up with Petal Pink ink and the detail colour stamp I used cinnamon cider. For the leaves I used mossy meadow stamped off to fill the colour.
The die set that coordinates with the Floating and fluttering stamps has 2 out line dies for the main image and a label die plus dies to cut the individual elements. The main outline die leaves all the elements connected and I thought this reminded me of old fashioned victorian scraps used for decoupage. Although I like that I decided to snip the elements apart.
I used my stamparatus to stamp the label in early espresso directly onto a pre cut label. I find that this is the best way for me to get it lined up properly. I can cut more labels from a sheet of card without too much waste by using this method and each label is perfectly line up each time. I also found if I missed inking the stamp properly I could re stamp any missed edges again saving card. Perfect for batch making.

I arranged the butterflies and leaves on the label, gluing some pieces flat and raising others on dimensionals, I then attached the label to the card as shown using dimensionals. In the bottom corner I added some enamel dots in cinnamon cider . I didn't add a sentiment as I decided this style of card could work for several occasions so could decide at a later date and I would add the sentiment just below the main focus.

I hope you enjoyed my little card this week and are encouraged to give the colour combo a go. Here is the link to my Facebook live show casing this card


The Floating and fluttering Stamp/ diess are only available until the end of June 2021 or while stocks last.

Here is the link to some of the products I used


 


No comments:

Post a Comment