Wednesday 19 August 2020

Faux gatefold card

 Good morning on this wet but warm Wednesday.

Today I'd like to share Monday nights crafting

On my face book live I created 4 cards using the same layout but different ideas.

I started with a standard A6 card base ( 21cm x 14.8cm scored at 10.5cm) in thick whisper white card.

I then cut a mat 10.4cm x 14.7cm using either glitter paper or metallic card.

I then cut a piece of dsp (designer series paper) 10cm x 14.3cm.

From that piece of paper 1 cut a 3cm piece off the bottom ( so I then had a piece 3cm x 10cm and 11.3cm x 10cm)

The larger piece I trimmed to 9.6 cm before cutting in half vertically giving me 2 pieces 11.3cm x 4.8cm.

I took care to cut the dsp in such a way as the reverse was aligned how I wanted.

I glued the 3 pieces of dsp onto the mat layer using glue, leaving a small boarder around each piece as shown. this whole layer was then glued to the base card.

Then using a coordinating stamp set I stamped an image using moment black ink and cut out using a stitched oval die. You could use any shape die here.

I also stamped another image that I fussy cut out. The stitched oval was adhered to the card using dimensionals and the fussy cut element was placed off to one side also using dimensionals.

To finish off a sentiment label was added.

I do hope you have fun recreating this layout with stamps and dsp you have in your stash.

Please join me on Monday on my Facebook page for another live showcase of a card layout.

Take care and enjoy your day.


Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment